These days, people are more conscious of their skin than ever. Everyone wants to have beautiful flawless skin not with makeup but naturally. Also, according to certain researches, it is being proved that when you have unhealthy skin or certain skin conditions, it not only affects your physical appearance but also takes a toll on your mental and emotional well-being as well. This is why it is very important to take care of your skin just like you take care of your health.
If you feel your skin is rough and unhealthy, follow this skincare routine for healthy skin.
- Use a Facewash/Cleanser: Wash your face with face wash suitable for your skin type and is sulfate-free. Use a powdered facewash made from natural ingredients like Winnie’s Candor Coffee Powdered Facewash if possible. This is simply because powdered facewash is a great way to both clean and exfoliate your skin at once and that too in a gentle way.
- Use a Toner: Believe it or not, but it is very important to use a toner. Even after you thoroughly wash your face, some dirt, traces of oil or makeup is still left clinging to your skin. So, use a toner which is a quick, absorbing liquid to get rid of these impurities. It also helps in cleaning and closing pores which proves to be very beneficial especially for the acne-prone skin. Try to avoid toners with alcohol content.
- Use a Moisturiser: If possible, use different kinds of moisturizers for day-time and night-time. During day-time, use a moisturiser with SPF as it provides your skin protection against the harmful radiations of the sun and also keeps your skin hydrated. During night-time, use a creamier moisturizer if you have dry skin to nourish and hydrate your skin while you sleep. If you have oily skin, then opt for a light, oil-free moisturizer. Your night-time moisturizer does not necessarily need the SPF content.
Include these 3 simple steps in your daily routine and lead your path to healthy and glowing skin naturally. However, one should know that applying products externally is simply not enough. You should also have a healthy body in order to have healthy skin.
Apart from following the skincare routine for healthy skin mentioned above, also inculcate the below-mentioned habits in your daily routine.
- Drink Plenty of Water: It is very important to keep your body hydrated in order to hydrate your skin. In fact, drinking enough water is the most basic skincare habit that one can inculcate very easily. Drink at least 8-10 glasses or about 2 Litres of water daily.
- Eat Healthily: Unhealthy food not only takes a toll on your health but on your skin too. Your skin condition is, in fact, a reflection of what is going inside your body. Thus, to have radiant and gorgeous skin, you should have a diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and all the essential nutrients. Try to stay away from junk food as much as you can and whenever you can. Have more of salads, fruits, and vegetables.
- Get Enough Sleep: Ever heard about 8 hours of beauty sleep? Well, there is a reason why it is called slow. According to some studies, blood flow to the skin is strongly promoted by sleep. Thus, when you do not sleep enough, it restricts the blood flow to the skin which in turn makes you look pale and tired. In simpler words, when you are feeling dull and tired, your skin automatically feels the same and reflects it. This, have at least 8 hours of peaceful sleep daily.
To sum up, healthy skin is the result of a proper skincare routine combined with healthy lifestyle habits. So, set your skin routine and lifestyle properly and get ready to say “Hello to Healthy Skin” and “Goodbye to Dull and Unhealthy Skin”.